Happy Thursday! We can’t believe how time is flying by… Today I am 28 weeks pregnant and starting my third trimester. Time really started to sneak up on us when we looked at ordering furniture for the nursery, and found that it was going to take 10 weeks to get here- right before my due date! A lot has happened since my 20 week bumpdate (you can read about my 12 week bumpdate, also). I am so excited to share this special time with you guys! Caleb and I are really trying to soak up these last few months of our family of two. A couple of weeks ago at church it was the Celebration Service, to celebrate new life with baptism of new believers, and dedication of new babies. Can’t believe in a few short months we will be celebrating our little blessing! We are so thankful for God giving us the opportunity to be this little one’s parents! Keep reading for my 28 week bumpdate:
- How far along? 28 weeks, only 12 weeks to go!
- Size of Baby: 16 inches, 2.5 pounds or the size of a head of cauliflower
- Gender: Going to be a surprise
- Names: Boy name is picked out, but we have absolutely no idea of a name if Baby C is a girl
- Milestones: A lot has happened over the last eight weeks:
- Baby kicking: Such a crazy experience feeling that first kick and having Caleb see and feel it for the first time. Baby is very active when I am ready for bed!
- Babymoon: Caleb and I wanted to get away and relax by ourselves before baby gets here, so we headed to Palm Beach for a few days and that is exactly what we did! You can see a recap of our babymoon here
- Nursery: Big progress in the nursery recently! Recently, we blogged about my inspiration for our gender neutral nursery, and that really got us going! We now have the crib and I love it even more in person. Caleb loves it because it was so easy to put together 🙂 My parents are gifting us our rocker, and we have that ordered now. We are trying to decide between a matching ottoman, or a pouf for the rocker. Any thoughts? Also, decided on a dresser for the baby’s room and that should be delivered at the beginning of December. All the big decisions are behind us- yay!
- Stroller: Happy to say that after a lot of research we decided on the UppaBaby Vista stroller. Over the past few months I have found myself looking at the strollers people are pushing, instead of the handbags they are carrying– what is happening to me?! The Vista Stroller comes with a bassinet add-on, which I can’t wait to use while strolling around the neighborhood! We have also heard that it makes a great travel stroller, and we plan on doing a lot of that with Baby next year.
- Weight Gain: 9 pounds, and I understand that the last trimester is when Baby will start to really grow fast. Every morning I can see a huge difference in my bump from the day before!
- Maternity clothes: If you read this post, you saw that maternity jeans were the first thing I had to buy. Luckily, DL1961 makes my favorite jeans in a maternity fit (PS: They are having 30% off sitewide today!). Also, I picked up this striped dress and this white dress before our babymoon. And, I just received a package from A Pea in the Pod of seriously cute maternity clothing. Can’t wait to share with you!
- Pregnancy symptoms: Thankfully, I am still having a very easy pregnancy. I’ve started to have some lower back pain as my bump gets bigger, but taking a nice warm bath at night has helped.
- Sleeping: Still sleeping great– could really sleep for 12 hours a night, if I had the time!
- Food cravings: Cravings have subsided, but I still love a Root Beer, and nightly ice cream 🙂
- Food aversions: Hot coffee– hoping this changes in time for winter!
- Exercie: FlyBarre classes three to four times a week. This work out has been a lifesaver for me this pregnancy. I started to really get into FlyBarre when I did the Flywheel challenge last April. Because there are very minimal modifications during pregnancy, I decided to keep at it like I did pre-pregnancy. Now that I am in the third trimester and getting bigger and more tired, I am going to try to keep going three to four times a week, but will adjust if I need to give my body a break! Also, if you would like to try Flybarre, the first class is free… If I can do it almost 7 months pregnant, you know you can do it!
Shop this (non) maternity look: