William has a secret to share… he’s going to be a big brother! Our whole family is beyond excited and feeling so very grateful to welcome Baby Coffman #2 this Fall. So far my second pregnancy is so different from my first. For starters, the time has flown by (how am I almost in the second trimester?!). With William, the days dragged on and it seemed every week passed so slow! The other thing that is different? With my first pregnancy, I waited until 12 weeks to do a pregnancy announcement. This time, as soon as we found out we shared with all our closest friends and family. And I’ll get into this later, but I feel so different this time around than when I was pregnant with William.
Since finding out I was pregnant, it’s taken some time to wrap my head around having two babies. We are thrilled that God has entrusted us with the gift of another baby, but also a little scared that we weren’t ready/prepared to grow our family from 3 to 4. I don’t know if anyone is ever “ready” for a baby, so I’m sure it’s just anxiousness about the unknown! I also was concerned about how William would react to another baby in the house. He is still a baby himself and will only be 20 months when baby #2 arrives.
We had a close friend and her 8-week old baby boy stay with us for a night last week. William was so sweet and gentle with the baby, and just so excited to have him in the house. He would rock him in the car seat, touch his arms and legs and he had a huge smile every time he saw the baby. Seeing that put so much of my anxiousness at ease and I am pretty sure he is going to make the best big brother!
I plan to do bump dates here and there, so let me know if there is anything you are interested in hearing about or any questions you may have. We are so excited to share this journey with you!
- When are you due? September 8th
- How far along are you? 13 weeks 3 days
- When did you find out? On New Year’s Eve. I had felt off that day and I had a pregnancy test laying around so I decided to take it. You can imagine my surprise when the test said positive! I was only about 4 weeks pregnant when I found out.
- How are you feeling? Awful. It has been rough since finding out I was pregnant at the beginning of the year. Morning sickness lasts most of the day and I am so tired! Not to mention I am a hormonal/emotional mess – so different than when I was pregnant with William! My poor husband and mom have taken the brunt of the emotions… I’m hoping to be feeling more like normal here soon!
- Will you find out the gender? We are going to be surprised again – you can read why we decided to wait with William
- How far apart will William and Baby #2 be? They will be 20 months apart
- Does William understand? We talk about the baby and point to my belly and he just giggles. I’m hoping as we get further along, he will understand a little bit, but I doubt it because he is so young! My friends were telling me about a book that has helped their first kids understand, so I am planning to try that! I will say that he has been extra clingy since I first found I was pregnant. Maybe he knows more than I think 🙂
- Cravings: Oh my goodness, talk about a sweet tooth! I have to resist the urge to eat sweets all day long. No food aversions this time!
- Weight gain: None so far. I’m pretty sure it’s because of no wine and coming down with another round of the stomach flu. I am already in that awkward phase of looking like I ate too much and I am 100% sure this belly will pop long before it did with William!
- Maternity clothes: None yet. Although, I am pretty excited to bring out my maternity jeans from my last pregnancy. They are so comfortable. Last time, I shopped at Topshop, Asos and BURU. You can see my maternity style here
- Exercise: I was so diligent about working out when I was pregnant with William. I took Flywheel four times a week and gradually decreased to twice a week the further along I got. Well, fast forward to today, I am lucky to get to Flywheel twice a week! That’s my goal, with 4 mile walks with William on the off days and an at home workout video once a week. Does chasing after a toddler (who won’t sit still for more than two seconds) count too?
Shop our pregnancy announcement looks:
Stia, Jean and Katherine
Photography by: Angie Garcia Photography