To celebrate the beginning of Christmas break, we decided to do a fun holiday baking with the boys once they get home from school. We knew they’d be tired, so we made it as stress-free as possible!
After making a list, we went to Walmart Online Pickup and Delivery and found everything we needed at the best prices. We actually ended up finding a few things at Walmart that weren’t on our list, but made the decorating even more fun. This cupcake decorating kit is so cute and these Santa plates were the icing on the (cup)cake. The boys loved decorating the cupcakes and we all had the best time!
Here are five tips for stress free holiday baking with toddlers:
5 Steps to Stress Free Holiday Baking with Toddlers
- Order supplies from Walmart+ Online Pickup and Delivery: Walmart makes it so easy to shop for stress free baking with everything laid out right here. We ordered cake mix, frosting tubs, sprinkles, festive cupcake liners and cupcake picks; we also ordered cute paper plates and napkins for our decorating session, and colored ramekins to hold our decorating supplies and with our Walmart+ membership, everything was delivered just a few hours later!
- Make cupcakes and frost them: We opted to do this during nap time, so everything was ready to go!
- Distribute sprinkles and decorations among the ramekins: We used this four cell sugar mix, christmas tree sprinkle mix and this six cell assorted sprinkle mix.
- Give each child a cupcake with frosting of their choice; we used chocolate and vanilla
- Let them decorate their cupcakes using any and/or all of the decorating supplies… eat and enjoy!
PS: We said “stress free” not mess free!
Shop Stress Free Holiday Baking:
Stia, Jean and Katherine
Thank you to Walmart for partnering with us on this post!