Not only is Charleston one of the most charming cities we have ever visited (see our travel guide here), it is also a city that is recognized for having some of the best restaurants in the US. One of the highlights of our trip was trying a lot of these restaurants! One restaurant that really stood out to us? Cannon Green. Cannon Green is the sister restaurant to Zero George Cafe + Bar, which is on site where we stayed at Zero George Street.
Cannon Green was first opened in 2014, and has already already gained a loyal following in just two years. It’s located in the up and coming Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood. On the Tuesday evening we dined there, we saw so many locals coming and going. The interior is light and airy, with a facade of an old Charleston home keeping it warm and grounded in its roots. Cannon Green also has a beautiful outdoor and event space perfect for weddings or rehearsal dinners! Did we mention that Cannon Green’s chef is Italian-trained? Her Mediterranean roots and love for seafood are very evident across the menu offerings.
- Start your dinner off enjoying one of the many signature cocktails that Cannon Green has to offer. We arrived a little early for our dinner reservation so that we could enjoy cocktails out on the beautiful courtyard patio. Each of Cannon Green’s cocktails is unique to the restaurant and is farm-to-table, inspired by local Charleston vendors and artisans.
- Must try cocktails: Rosie O’donnell (a sparkling rosé cocktail) and Honey Pig (made with Striped Gin from the Local Striped Pig distillery)
- As with the cocktail menu, the restaurant offers farm-to-table cuisine, using as much local produce and products as possible.
- Appetizers: We shared the prawns and crab cake, both were great choices if you love seafood like we do. The crab cake was full of crab meat with very little filler and it had a little bite from the pickled jalapeño- just enough heat! The prawns were large and juicy and just so fresh.
- Main Course: Jean had the Cobia, a local fish, that had been caught earlier that day– talk about fresh and delicious! Stia’s pasta was surprisingly light (a good thing) and full of flavor.
- Dessert: The almond cake with fennel ice cream was to die for and the chocolate pots de crème- perfect for the chocolate lover
- Jean opted for this beautiful, white embellished dress
- Stia wore this flirty dress with her go-to heels
on jean: dress- c/o|heels|watch-c/o|clutch|sunglasses
on stia: dress-c/o|heels|watch- c/o|clutch (similar)|sunglasses
Shop Cannon Green: