Earlier this summer, we spent a long weekend away with some friends at Pebble Beach. It was a golf trip for our husbands, but the girls had just as much fun (if not more)! We flew directly from DFW to Monterrey Airport and it was so convenient. The drive from the airport to Pebble Beach was about 15 minutes- easy! The Pebble Beach area is so beautiful.
We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay and loved the location. The resort has a shuttle that will take you from Spanish Bay to Pebble Beach and all the golf courses on site. Spanish Bay has such a beautiful and sprawling outdoor area with amazing views. Fire pits and bag pipers nightly. It’s such a fun and memorable experience!
What to Do
Of course, golf – our husbands played Spanish Bay, Spyglass and Pebble Beach and then we all played The Hay, which is a nine hole par 3 course and I highly recommend playing it if you have a chance!
Besides golf, we enjoyed the outdoor area at Spanish Bay while playing Mahjong, walked the Hay with the guys, we did massages at the spa and spent a day in Carmel eating lunch and shopping! It was the perfect couples golf trip. The resort has complimentary cars you can borrow and we did that one morning a drove the 17-mile drive. It is so beautiful!
Where to Eat
- Sticks: This is a casual dining spot where we had lunch the first day. We were able to watch our husbands tee off after lunch from where we were sitting – it was the perfect place to kick off the trip!
- Roy’s: We did this our first night and had some great sushi!
- Hay’s Place: Walk the Hay and then dine at Hay’s Place. We did this for an early lunch one day and it was delicious Mexican food!
- The Bench: This was probably my favorite meal. We sat outside overlooking the 18th hole of Pebble Beach for drinks and appetizers and then moved inside for dinner.
- La Bicyclette: We ate here during our day trip to Carmel. It’s the perfect spot for a girls lunch.
- The Tap Room: We had our last dinner at the Tap Room. It was a cozy place to unwind from the trip and start planning next year’s golf trip!
What to Wear
It’s chilly and the temperature fluctuates! I packed mostly maxi dresses and a jean jacket, but also wore jeans and a sweater once. When the sun comes out, it’s warm, but then when the clouds come in it gets cold fast. I packed leggings and a sweatshirt to walk the Hay.