For my birthday, my husband said “LA or New York?”, he was planning a weekend away for us and I was so excited. I chose LA – the thought of having some warm weather sounded so appealing to me! We picked a weekend in March that worked for us and made sure my parents were available to watch the boys! We had the best time relaxing, eating and shopping and it was so nice to get some time away, just the two of us. Sharing how we spent our weekend in LA below!
// sunglasses //
- Checked into Four Seasons Los Angeles Beverly Hills: We landed early and our room wasn’t quite ready, so we went to the Spa to change clothes and freshen up after our flight. We were so pleased with the hotel, our room and the service at the hotel. There is also a house car that will take you anywhere that’s a few miles from the hotel- super convenient!
- Lunch at The Ivy: We walked to the Ivy from the hotel and it was nice to get a walk in after the flight. We had a great table on the patio and enjoyed a big lunch. I ordered the grilled vegetable salad with onion rings and Caleb ordered breakfast tacos.
- Shopping on Rodeo Drive: We decided to head to Rodeo drive to do some shopping. With almost any store imaginable, we strolled and shopped for a few hours until I got too tired and we decided to head back to the hotel until dinner.
- What to wear: I opted for this puff sleeve sweatshirt dress with loafers and a big tote bag. It was comfy and put together, too. I brought along my jean jacket because it got cloudy in the afternoon and cooled off quite a bit!
- Dinner at Catch LA: Highly recommend visiting Catch while you are in LA – even if just for a drink! It’s on the rooftop and you get great views of the city – not to mention the decor is beautiful! We had mocktails and cocktails at the bar before heading to our table. The food was wonderful, too! We shared all different kinds of dishes and each one was better than the last.
- What to wear: It had cooled down quite a bit, so I wore this sweater maxi dress with jean jacket and mules.
- Breakfast at Republique: We loved this breakfast spot. The coffee was delicious and we were there early enough to not have a wait!
- Visit the Getty Museum: After breakfast we visited the Getty Center – it was beautiful! We walked the museum and the gardens and spent a few hours there.
- What to wear: I had just ordered this yellow dress and wore it with sandals and brought a jean jacket because museums are always cold!
- Head back to the hotel and relax by the pool: The hotel has a great pool that is located on the terrace. We were tired from our morning out, so we decided to do lunch by the pool and relax there for the rest of the afternoon. It was a beautiful afternoon, and we just read and enjoyed a leisurely day before dinner!
- What to wear: I finally got to wear this one shoulder swim suit that was backordered from our trip to Hawaii! I wore this embroidered skirt as a cover-up.
- Dinner at Culina: We originally had plans to eat at A.O.C but since we had a late lunch and weren’t all that hungry we decided to head down to the restaurant at the Four Seasons for dinner. We sat at the bar and enjoyed a salad and pizza, every pasta dish that we saw looked amazing, too! The house made gelato was wonderful – fyi!
- What to wear: I wore this leopard maxi dress, sandals and my jean jacket again!
- Breakfast at Alfred Coffee: We took the house car to Melrose and had a light breakfast. I tried the famous ice vanilla latte (with half the syrup) and it was delicious!
- Shopping on Melrose: Melrose is a charming street with a lot of boutiques. After we grabbed coffee, we walked and shopped – it was a very laid back experience!
- What to wear: I wore this knit maxi dress and jean jacket for the morning since it was still somewhat cool. It’s from last year and sold out, but this one is similar.
- Lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel: This hotel is a must see if you are in Beverly Hills. We had lunch and enjoyed the beautiful weather before heading to the airport for our late afternoon flight! I had the McCarthy salad and Caleb ordered the burger – both amazing!
- What to wear: After breakfast it warmed up quite a bit, so I changed into this tasseled dress for lunch.