Last month during rSTheCon, we attended a party hosted by Kate Spade New York. It was in a small park in downtown Dallas on a beautiful evening. The decor was gorgeous – loads of white with black & white stripe accents and pops of pink color everywhere, even fortune cookies dipped in pink icing! We were greeted with trays of a delicious prosecco cocktail. It was so different, light & refreshing, plus very girly, that we decided we had to try to make it at home! We found out that the secret ingredient giving it such a unique flavor is limoncello, which is an Italian liquer. This cocktail can be made with Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine), or any champagne or sparkling wine of your choice. Add a frozen raspberry & a sprig of mint and it looks as good as it tastes. After a couple of experiments, we think we came very close. We plan to make this our signature cocktail to celebrate with over the long weekend!
Sparkling Limoncello Cocktails
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (plus 2 leaves to garnish each drink)
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- 2 tablespoons sugar plus additional for dipping Champagne flutes
- Lemon peel strips from 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon wedge
- 1 cup (about) chilled Champagne or sparkling wine
Place mint, limoncello, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon strips in blender; blend until mint is finely chopped (lemon peel will be coarsely chopped), 10 seconds. Strain into small cup; discard solids. Run lemon wedge around rim of 2 Champagne flutes. Dip rims into sugar. Divide limoncello mixture and lemon juice between flutes. Top with Champagne. Optional: garnish each drink with a mint leaf & a fresh raspberry. Enjoy!
While you’re enjoying your drink, be sure to check out these great Memorial Day weekend sales:
- Nordstrom– Half Yearly Sale for Women & Kids– you don’t want to miss out on all these steals!
- Neiman Marcus– Real Deal Event- Save up to 40% off the latest styles
- Gap– Take 40% off regular priced styles with code EVENT
- Intermix– Take an additional 40% off sale items
- Joie– Take an additional 20% off sale items with code MDW20
- Joe’s– 30% off sitewide with code HONOR
- French Connection– 30% off online with code S14MEM
- Serena & Lilly– 20% off sitewide with code SUMMER20
- Les Nouvelles– 20% off sitewide with code STRIPES20
- Gigi NY– Memorial Day Trifecta- free shipping, free personalization & a gift with purchase
Shop Memorial Day Sales:
Click on the picture to go directly to the retailer, click on the arrows to see more!