- magna tile set: These are so fun to build with
- sketch book: A cute take-along sketchbook with carrying handles
- headphones: These pearl covered headphones are adorable
- pajama set: Santa with pink accents
- scooter: Love this in pink
- lego set: 15 build ideas from around the world
- colored pencils: Each pencil with a different “compliment”
- matching game: A cute candy themed matching game
- play kitchen: We’ve had this in our playroom for years and the boys still love playing with it
- puzzle: Colorful dinosaurs make this puzzle extra fun
- tabletop easel: We have these and the boys love them
- DIY tattoo kit: Make your own glitter tattoos
- fire station play set: This set will provide hours of make believe fun
- dominoes: To play or to build a domino track
- scooter: The boys love their scooters
- pajama set: Santa with red accents
- headphones: For the boys
- boom box mic set: For the budding musician
- bath bombs: My kids love these for bath time
When planning the boys’ birthday parties, we love to give them a say in the theme and colors. Henry decided a karate party would be fun and that’s what we went with! It was a little tricky thinking about how we would make a karate party “cute”, but Sequins and Lipstick came through, as always. Henry’s favorite color is orange, with green a close runner-up, so we decided to use a bright green with some orange accents for his invitation and party goods. A great time was had by all, especially the birthday boy, whom we are sure could not possibly have had more fun than he did!
I was having trouble finding an invitation that I liked, so I enlisted the help of Sequins and Lipstick. We went with a karate belt invitation in Henry’s favorite colors and it turned out so cute!
One of Henry’s favorite foods is pizza and that is what he wanted to have at his party! I served pizza, along with pouches for the kids. We served a Caesar salad to go along with the pizza for the adults. We had wine and beer, and Caleb made everyone’s favorite margaritas – which are always a hit!
Henry loves karate, so we had his karate coach come to the house to teach some karate moves, play games and at the end everyone learned how to chop wood with their hands! Since Henry was the birthday boy, he got to chop wood with his hand, elbow, knee and foot. That was the biggest hit of the party!
We always have a bounce house for kids who may not like the activity and we usually have a wide range of kids – siblings of Henry’s friends, neighbors, etc!
Continuing with the theme, we had cups, napkins, placemats and party favor tags all made to coordinate with the karate belt invitations that Sequins & Lipstick created. Everything turned out so cute and the birthday boy fully approved!
We always use Lushra for balloons. They do such a good job coordinating colors, always adding the perfect touch! Lushra also made a jumbo balloon for Henry to be surprised with on his birthday morning, with a custom design on the front. Lushra made it so easy to personalize the balloon for him and he loved it!
What We Wore
Henry’s favorite colors are orange and green, so the party colors were mostly green with some orange accents. We coordinated the boys’ looks and ours in that same color palette. The boys wore white polos with green gingham shorts, and we wore breezy maxi dresses in green floral and multi-colored floral. It is still hot in Texas in September, so we kept that in mind when choosing our outfits!