In early May, we headed to Four Seasons Los Cabos for a family vacation. All nine of us left to relax and enjoy a newer development “Costa Palmas” which is about an hour north (up the coast) from the Cabo airport, and located on the East Cape of Cabo. We were looking to relax on our trip and it was the perfect place (in the middle of nowhere!) to do so!
We flew direct from DFW to Los Cabos airport. The flight was about 2.5 hours and went quick! We booked transportation to the hotel through Four Seasons Los Cabos. It was a Sprinter van that had car seats, fit all nine of us, our luggage and golf clubs.
Four Seasons Los Cabos is a rather new property and it’s stunning. There are only 74 rooms on property and each one has a view of the ocean, huge patios and incredible bathrooms/dressing rooms. We all had ocean view rooms and Stia, Caleb and the boys had a plunge pool room, which was perfect for them! Each bathroom has double sinks, huge sliding glass doors to see the ocean, a massive stand alone tub and an amazing shower. It goes with out saying the beds were so comfortable. They are our favorite hotel beds to sleep in! Each night we had fun surprises before dinner – name cookies for the kids to decorate, hummus, churros, etc! Such a great touch.
What to Do
Relax. Swim. Eat amazing food! It truly is a relaxing getaway.
- Pools: There are several pools throughout the property. A dedicated adults pool, family pool, plus “hidden” pools spread out all over the property. Cabanas and lounges are everywhere throughout the property , so you never feel like you are trying to fight for a spot (they are all good!).
- Beach: Four Seasons Los Cabos has two miles of swimmable beach which is very unique for Cabo. There are tons of water activities, too. We did paddle boarding, snorkeling, water trampoline, beach games, etc.
- Bikes: The resort will supply bikes to use throughout your stay and we loved having them to get around the resort!
- Golf: One of the most beautiful courses and practice areas I’ve seen. Costa Palmas Golf Club is a quick golf cart ride away from the resort. Our husbands said it was some of the most unique golf they’ve played!
- Tennis/Pickleball/Basketball: These are located near the gym and golf pro shop. We had so much fun early in the morning here!
- Spa: Wow – the spa is incredible! Beautiful architecture, amazing treatment rooms and the relaxation space with cold pool, warm pool, hot pool, sauna and steam room were amazing. Highly recommend when visiting! The spa amenities are available for all hotel guests to use.
Where to Eat
- Ginger’s: This is a casual “snack bar” that has ping pong, pool and an arcade game. We came here for breakfast in the morning to keep it easy and casual for the boys. They have light breakfast (smoothies, juice, acai bowls, muffins, croissants, etc.) It was perfect for us! In the afternoon, Ginger’s has a churro and crepe cart and also makes cotton candy.
- Pool: We ate every lunch out by the pool. Some of the best guac, tacos, nachos, etc! Always something to choose from!
- Limón: This is where we had dinner our first night and it was perfect! It is all outside in the most beautiful spot. Everything is cooked on an open flame in an open air kitchen and we can’t say enough good things about the food!
- Mozza Baja: This restaurant is located at the Costa Palmas Marina, which is a short water taxi from the resort. The boys loved taking the 5 minute boat ride to Mozza. This is another great, outdoor dining option. There were games and lots of activities for the boys to play with while they were waiting for their food. We did a family style dinner, ordered apps, salads, pastas and pizzas. It did not disappoint!
- Casa de Brasa: This is the more “casual” restaurant on site at Four Seasons Los Cabos. It’s right next the family pool and the beach. We enjoyed a relaxing meal here.
- Estiatorios Milos: This was dinner on our last night and it was amazing. Milos is located beachside and the boys had the best time playing in the sand while we waited for dinner. The feature of Milos is the freshest fish possible, prepared to your liking. Flounder was one option for the catch of the day and we asked for it be prepared simply on the grill with olive, oil, salt and pepper, letting the flavor of the fish shine. The chef brought the whole fish out for us to see before cooking and the boys loved that.