For one of Jean’s birthday celebrations we did a rosé wine tasting (see all things rosé here), and many of you asked for details. We thought this could be a really fun idea for Mother’s Day, so here is how we set it up: Going with theme of rosé, we started with pink roses and hyacinth for the table, mixed in some white hydrangeas and made one large arrangement for the center of the table and a couple of bud vases. Our placemats are from Kitchen Paper. They make the cutest paper placemats and table runners!
The wines we tasted were a sparkling California rosé, a rosé from the Provence region of France, one from the Languedoc region of France and one from the Willamette Valley in Oregon. We tasted in that order, sparkling first, followed by the lightest in color, finishing with the darkest in color. Tasting and comparing rosés from different areas was really interesting and fun!
To help with your Mother’s Day planning, here are a few Mother’s Day gift ideas:
- Farm Girl Flowers – the prettiest bouquets that consist of all American grown flowers and can be sent anywhere in the US!
- Driving loafers: Let’s face it, our moms have been our personal chauffeurs for years. What better way to say thank you than a pair of driving loafers – in a rainbow of colors.
- Pajamas: our absolute, most favorite pajamas ever!
- Calligraphy set: For the artsy mom.
- Initial Necklace: Love these oversized initial necklaces, plus a great deal at just $38!
- Robe: the softest and coziest robe for mom to lounge in.
- Coffee Table books: A book for every mom!
- Fresh products: this soap, this lotion and this candle would be the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
PS: Still need a card? These cards are pretty cute!
Shop our Mother’s Day gift ideas here: