William is at the age where he loves reading books with us. I wasn’t sure it was ever going to come (he won’t sit still!), but within the last three months, reading is a big part of our day. We read every morning after getting up, before and after his nap and before bedtime. He also will pick up a book or two to read during the day while he’s playing! Below are our ten favorite toddler books at the moment. We would love to hear what some of yours are too! We’re always on the lookout for new books to read 🙂
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar: This is definitely one of William’s favorite books. He loves spotting the caterpillar on each page and giggles when he eats all the food.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear: Anything with animals is a win/win. We also have the slide and find, which William loves to do.
- Guess How Much I Love You: One of our all time favorite books. We started reading it to William at night when he was just a baby.
- Dear Zoo: This book has flaps on every page and William loves to see what animal is behind the next flap!
- Moo Baa La La La: Another book that we read every night… William giggles at all the animal noises and already has the cow and dog noises down pat!
- If I Were a Bunny: Any book that has touch and feel, plus animals is a win!
- Noah’s Crew Came Two by Two: William likes spotting the animals on each page and loves to see Noah busy building the ark.
- Baby Bible: My parents got William a personalized baby bible when he was dedicated at church last year. It is one of my favorite gifts we have received!
- London: We got William this book before his first trip to London and we still read it daily.We also have these travel books for most of the places he’s visited. Right now he’s really into All Aboard: California These books are really cute and highlight the sights for each destination. We are hoping that he will love traveling as much as we do- so far, so good!
- Your Baby’s First Word Will be Dada: And it was 🙂 And is still William’s favorite word and this book is a favorite, too!
Shop Ten Favorite Toddler Books:
Stia, Jean and Katherine