If you follow us on any of our social media channels, you know that this past weekend we had a staycation at Four Seasons Dallas. The agenda? Relax, dinner at LAW and our husbands tee time on Saturday morning! There is something about getting away to a resort, even to a place in your own city, that is just so relaxing. No matter how hard we try to relax at home, it’s just not the same. We can always think of something we should be doing, and there are no cabana boys to clean our sunglasses or bring us lunch! The service at Four Seasons Dallas is the best and the friendly staff is always so welcoming. When we had the chance to try the resort’s new signature restaurant, we jumped at it and decided to tie it in with a mini staycation and, for the guys, a round of golf on the Four Seasons championship course (home of the Byron Nelson!). It was the best family getaway- we felt like we got summer kicked off right. In fact, we are thinking that we will make it an annual event!
LAW (Land.Air.Water), is a must do:
This is the new signature restaurant at Four Seasons Dallas, which opened in April. It has a very cool, modern Texas vibe, and did we already mention how great the service is? Most of the ingredients are sourced directly from Texas farms, fisheries and ranches, offering the best the Lone Star state has to offer!
- Cocktails: Not to miss- Negroni, People Helping People (so refreshing- Cucumber and Cilantro-infused vodka) and Treaty of Paris (a cocktail that is made with earl grey syrup and egg whites)
- Appetizers: Seared ahi tuna, crab deviled eggs and we tried the BBQ Rib Tower from the main course – all delicious!
- Main Course: Roasted rack of lamb, crispy red fish and if your dining with men that have a big appetite, the tomahawk is the way to go!
- Sides: The roasted cauliflower with toasted garlic was to die for, the lobster mac ‘n cheese and the stuffed baked potato (not on the menu, but available if you ask!)
- Dessert: It was no question for our family- the roasted s’mores were amazing! If only, we had had room for more
- Wine: LAW has a Master Sommelier (and many other experienced somms) that helped pair wine throughout dinner- Such a great experience!
- Lunch: The salads are all fresh and delicious, the chicken club panini is a must have and don’t forget the basket of fries- sweet potato and regular!
- Cocktails: The classic margarita is always a good option and there is a nice rosé available as well
- Pool: Such a great place to spend a day. There may be Evian spritzers to cool you off, or cold towels and sunglass cleaning, also wonderful poolside service for drinks or snacks
- Spa: Always a treat to get to relax here. We didn’t have time to visit this trip, but highly recommend a massage or the Hydra Facial from previous visits, also the fitness classes are great!
- Golf: TPC Las Colinas is one of our husbands favorite courses to play. It was in pristine condition, given the Byron Nelson starts this week!
- Relax: So many places to do so- in the spa, by the pool, in the new fitness center, a drink on the terrace or walking around the beautiful property!
This post was brought to you in collaboration with Four Seasons Dallas.