- La Cantera Resort and Spa: La Cantera Resort and Spa is in a prime location in the Texas Hill Country north of San Antonio. The resort is close to great shopping at The Shops at La Cantera (which has some of our favorite shopping destinations: Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Banana Republic and Loft), Fiesta Texas (there is a shuttle service available to these destinations at no extra charge) and just 20 minutes from the River Walk. La Cantera Resort and Spa has the most beautiful grounds for walking, running and hiking. The property is at the top of one of the rolling hills of Hill Country and has expansive views from just about everywhere! With many dining options, four pools, an on-premises spa (more about that later) and two championship golf courses, we didn’t see any reason to leave!
- Primero Cantina: Located by the Resort Pool, this is wonderfully fresh Mexican food and cocktails. We enjoyed lunch on the patio that overlooks the resort pool. Must try: queso fundido, lamb tacos, puffy chicken tacos…and a margarita, of course!
- Sweetfire Kitchen: This is the main dining room at the resort until Signature opens in November. It is very welcoming with an open kitchen and wood-fired oven. There is also a large patio for outdoor seating, which is perfect this time of year! The waiters are very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list, and definitely helped steer us in the right direction on both counts. There were so many intriguing options on the menu we had to go back a second time! Must try: jalepeño quail poppers, seabass and scallops and our husbands highly recommend the cajun ribeye.
- Sire Bar & Bocado Charcuterie: Cocktails on the patio with a cheese and house made charcuterie board is the perfect way to start the evening. The cocktail menu is loaded with all kinds of unique options. We recommend trying the “Aviation”; it’s as good as it is pretty!
- Quenche Juicery: Located in the spa we had lunch here on Saturday during our spa day. The menu options are what you might expect at a spa café; fresh, healthy and light. Many of the fruit and vegetable offerings are grown on-site. Unlike most spa cafés, there are options of bubbly or wine and cocktails made with fresh pressed juices. Delicious!
- Henrietta’s Market: This is the grab and go option at the resort. We found great coffee drinks and yummy cookies here! Plus, they have homemade ice cream available:)
- Vista Grill: During our cabana day we had cocktails and snacks from Vista Grill, very conveniently located at the Resort Pool. There is a great selection of snacks, sandwiches and salads. Must try: guacamole and the Rose “Mary” cocktail.
- Coming soon: Signature– a new fine dining experience opening November 21.
- Loma De Vida: The Spa at La Cantera Resort, Loma De Vida, is absolutely breathtaking. We spent the whole day on Saturday enjoying the new facilities. You could really spend a whole weekend here, though! The views are spectacular, the women’s locker room has beautiful marble, Davines hair products, wonderful rainshowers and the solarium is one of the most relaxing spots we’ve been! Either before or after treatments, you can choose from a steam shower with Himalayan salt scrub, a saline pool and a Himalayan salt sauna. We each did a HydraFacial, Jean and Katherine did the Loma de Vida Signature massage, Stia did a stress-relief detox massage (with mud!) and we all ended the day with spa-pedicures.
- Sunrise Yoga: The spa offers a free yoga class once a month that is held by the spa pool. We highly recommend participating if the class is on the schedule during your visit. We are no yogi’s, but it is still a fun experience and any level can participate! Also, the spa provides muffins, water, coffee and a speciality juice, “gin + juice”, after the class!
- Pools: The resort has a Resort Pool, Kids Pool with two slides and the Adults Pool which has an infinity edge overlooking the hill country. At each pool, guests also have the option to rent a cabana which comes equipped with drinks, a butler and the perfect space to lounge!
- Kids Club/Arcade: For kids of all ages, the resort offers an indoor/outdoor area for kids to play. Sounds like the perfect option to drop your kids at kids club and head to the adult pool 😉
- Golf: Our husbands played both courses over the weekend and gave us rave reviews. On Saturday when they played the Palmer Course they saw wild turkey, deer and rabbits!
- Tennis: Tennis court rentals are complimentary (rental fees apply for half/full day). We didn’t have a chance to fit in a game this time around!
- Enjoy the outside spaces: We loved sitting outside one evening before dinner and wish that we had done it our first night on the property! It was so peaceful and inviting, with open fire pits and cozy sitting areas available throughout the property. Wild lavender grows everywhere on the property and fragrance is in the air all evening 🙂
Now, for the $250 gift card giveaway and two spa robes! To enter, follow the steps below. Each entry gives you more chances to win. PS: Be sure to tag a friend that needs a spa day on this instagram for an added entry!
Giveaway ends Sunday, October 16th at 11:59 pm. Winner will be announced on bishopandholland.com at 11:00 am CST on Monday, October 17th. Winner has 24 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Good luck!
Stia, Jean and Katherine
Thank you to La Cantera Resort and Spa for partnering with us to bring you this post!