Over Mother’s Day weekend, we packed up and headed to Scottsdale for a long weekend. We hadn’t been to Scottsdale for years and were so happy and relaxed to be back at Four Seasons Scottsdale. The weather in early May is cool in the mornings/evening and in the 90s in the afternoons. It was a great time to visit before the heat of the summer!
We love how family friendly the hotel is for the boys. This was our fourth time visiting Four Seasons Scottsdale, but the first time for the two youngest boys. The last time we stayed, my oldest was 1 year old! Our stay far surpassed our expectations even considering how much we loved it last time!
The rooms are set up with 6-8 rooms in a casita setting, all with amazing views, and balconies or patios. Golf carts take you to your room from the lobby at check-in, but the resort is very walkable and a golf cart is not needed for most rooms! The rooms have been updated in the last few years and they are beautiful – really brightened up from the last time we stayed!
- King Casita: This room was perfect for my parents. They had a big balcony overlooking the pool and mountains. There was a table and chairs on the balcony for al fresco dining or watching the stars.,
- One bedroom suite with plunge pool: My family of five stayed in this room and we had plenty of space! The living area had a pull out sofa and the three boys slept there. They had their own bathroom and shower, too. One of the best parts of our room was the outdoor area. We had a large patio that surrounded our room and the kids’ room with a plunge pool, outdoor fireplace, a dining table and chairs, a swinging chair and an outdoor shower. There were also lounge chairs on the patio off of the living room. We used this outdoor space whenever we were could! The kids woke up, ate breakfast on the patio and jumped right in the pool every morning, and every night before dinner they had a swim.
- Proof: This is the more casual on-site restaurant. They serve American food and it is delicious! Don’t miss any of the smoked items, the pretzel knots and the spicy prickly pear margarita. There is a shuffleboard table which was great for the boys to be entertained while we waited for our meal. We had breakfast here one day too and loved it.
- Talavera: This is the steakhouse at the resort and they set up the most beautiful Mother’s Day brunch while we were there. They thought of every detail, from food to decor. They do a big brunch for most holidays and we were so impressed! Highly recommend making a reservation for brunch if you are staying during a holiday.
- Saguaro Blossom: This is the pool restaurant and we ate here for lunch everyday. The swordfish tacos were incredible and so unique!
- Barro’s: On our last night, we decided to stay in and had pizza delivered. The boys swam and played and we made s’mores in our outdoor fireplace.
What To Do
- Hike Pinnacle Peak: This is a great hike for all ages and is close by the resort. Do it in the morning before it gets too hot!
- Pool Day: We spent most days by the pool. We did a cabana one day, which was great because you always have a place in the shade! There is an adult pool, but we primarily used the family pool, kids pool and hot tub.
- Spa: To celebrate Mother’s Day, my mom and I went to the spa. We both had amazing treatments and were so relaxed after! I did the Nopal Cactus massage, where they cut nopal cactus leaves and used the warm cactus gel during my treatment. My mom did the Turquoise Sage Renewal treatment, which was a full body scrub followed by a full body massage using native oils.
- Nature hike: My kids loved going on nature hikes around the resort, finding cool plants, bugs, insects, creatures, etc. They did this every day!
- Kids club: The boys went to the kids club a few times and loved it! They did crafts, played games and there was a large area filled with any toy you can imagine.
- Golf: There are so many great golf courses on the Scottsdale area with several nearby the resort. The resort will provide transportation.
What to Know
- The resort is about a 45 min drive North from the airport. We stayed at the resort for our entire stay, so we could relax, etc, but there is a lot to do in Scottsdale if you wanted to explore!
- We rented a car, but the hotel can also arrange transportation to and from the airport.
- The staff is wonderful and provided the next level of service at every opportunity!
- The suites also have a telescope which the boys loved using after dinner to see the stars!
- Everything you need for making your own s’mores can be provided through In-Casita Dining, including the most amazing homemade marshmallows!