One of my most favorite times of the day is the time in the evening. Caleb gets home from work and we have just a few hours as our family of three to enjoy some time together. Even though we don’t keep a strict bedtime, we always stick to the same evening routine so William knows that bedtime is coming!
- Dinner: William loves any and all of the food he has tried so far and he is not very patient while waiting for his next bite! Right now he is eating a mix of purees and small bite-sized food (we are working on his pincer grasp) and he makes the absolute biggest mess! We strip him down into just a diaper and bib, although the bib doesn’t do much good at all. He loves to grab the spoon and ends up wearing a lot of his dinner!
- Bath: Because there is food everywhere (we are talking between legs, in rolls and all over his face), our next step is bath time. William has gone from being super cautious about the bath to just loving it! He loves to splash and thinks it’s great to have water poured over his head. It’s so much fun for all of us!
- Playtime: Once William is all cleaned up, we put his jammies on and let him play around on the floor to burn off some energy. He is very easily entertained by anything/everything he shouldn’t be playing with! Now that he has mastered the army crawl, this time that used to be somewhat peaceful, is now spent trying to catch him! One thing that keeps his attention is one of his favorite books: The Very Hungry Caterpillar. He loves to look at it- and also chew on it!
- Owlet smart sock: After a little playtime, we put the Owlet sock on William’s foot. This is a new to us product that we only wish we knew about during William’s first few months. It would have given us such peace of mind to have this vital information at our fingertips! It’s a product that uses hospital technology to monitor William’s heart rate and oxygen levels and is designed to alert if those fall out of range. The monitor comes complete with three different sock sizes (plus a fourth larger size available) to take you from newborn to 18 months. We keep the base in William’s room and I can check his vitals at anytime on my iPhone. It is also designed to alert through my phone! The sock is very comfortable for William- he doesn’t even realize it’s on most of the time, and he knows that when the sock goes on it’s time to settle down. Another one of my favorite features is the weight/size of the system. We travel a lot and the Owlet monitor takes up hardly any space and gives me the same security that we get at home!
- Reading / Prayers: This is my favorite time of the night. My little guy is quite the busy bee, but around this time he is ready for bed and not moving so much. We like to read “Guess How Much I Love You“, I pray for William and then nurse him before getting him into his sleep suit and turning off the lights! He usually goes down without a fuss, and then…
- Wine/Relax time: After we are sure he is down for the night, Caleb will pour us each a glass of wine and we will sit and have dinner together and get caught up on our day 🙂 It’s the perfect finish to a long, busy and fun day!
To see a complete list of all nursery details, be sure to take a look at our nursery reveal!