Earlier this spring, Caleb and I had the opportunity to visit Costa Rica and we loved it! It’s such a unique place – great for relaxation and adventuring. We did a little bit of both on our trip! It is a 4 hour direct flight from DFW to Liberia and once you land, it’s less than an hour to the Peninsula Papagayo!
Where to Stay
We stayed at Four Seasons Peninsula Papagayo. It is stunning! The whole resort is built into the natural landscape and it is beautiful! Our room had a huge balcony overlooking the ocean. It was close to the pool and the restaurants, which we loved. There is so much to do at the resort and they will also book off site excursions.
What to Do
- Enjoy the pools/beaches – the resort has two pools and two beaches on either side of the peninsula. We did the pool and beach every day!
- Golf: Caleb golfed a few times and said the golf course was beautiful. He teed off early because it gets very hot and humid. He actually had a run in with a few monkeys!
- Tennis: The tennis courts are located near the golf course and one morning we did a tennis clinic. It was hot, so go as early as possible!
- Spa: The spa at the hotel is incredible! There is an outdoor hot/cold plunge and it overlooks the ocean. I had two incredible treatments here – a massage and a facial!
- Excursions: We did a boat day – we went snorkeling and visited another beach. It was a great way to see the area! We saw a lot of star fish and a small octopus while snorkeling. The hotel will also book excursions to see waterfalls, go ziplining, etc.
- Nature Walk: Peninsula Papagayo is so hilly and beautiful – we walked around the area most days and it such a great work out with amazing views.
- Yoga: They have daily yoga classes either on the beach or at the gym overlooking the beach.
Where to Eat
- Bahia: This is the open air, casual dining option. We ate breakfast here and enjoyed delicious Costa Rican coffee here each morning.
- For lunch, we ate by the pool – they had a great menu to choose from.
- Nemare: This is the steakhouse and is located near the golf course. The resort has a shuttle that will take you there.
- Pesce: This is an Italian restaurant and it was great!
- Añejo: Our favorite spot – we got margaritas here every night and they had the best sushi!
What to Wear
Light breezy dresses, swimsuits and workout wear! It’s a very active place, but hot and humid!