With winter here, and in full force, we have changed up our skincare routine just a bit to keep our skin as hydrated as possible. This means trading out some of our light weight cleansers and moisturizers for other products to fight winter’s cold and low humidity. Colleen Rothschild makes some of our favorite skincare products to help combat dry skin.
When we went to Vail in early December, we swapped out some of our skincare to allow for more hydrating products. With the altitude and very dry air in Vail, we knew our skin would need more moisturizing to keep from completely drying out during our trip. After we returned home and winter set in here in Dallas, we kept to the same hydrating routine. It’s worked wonders to combat winter dry skin!
PS: As part of the Colleen Rothschild’s end of year sale, all products are 20% off and some are up to 50% off!
5 Products we Use to Combat Dry Skin
- Radiant cleansing balm: We use the radiant cleansing balm year round and are obsessed with it. It melts away your makeup and leaves you feeling fresh face and ready for the rest of your skincare.
- Face Oil No. 9: This oil is extremely hydrating (there are nine oils and omegas) and we love to use it during the dryer months. We use immediately after cleansing our faces. This is also a good oil to use when rolling or using gua shua.
- Extreme Recovery Cream: This moisturizer is very hydrating to dry skin. For those days your skin feels very dry, layer this on top of the face oil for extra hydration.
- Complete eye cream: We love this eye cream because it doesn’t go on heavy and its very effective in hydrating and fighting signs of aging.
- Intense hydrating mask: This hydrating mask is another product that we use year round, but especially in the winter months. We prefer to use it as an extra later over the rest of these products and sleep in it overnight. When you wake up your skin is so hydrated and soft!
Shop 5 products we use to Combat Dry Skin:
Stia, Jean and Katherine
Thank you to Colleen Rothschild for partnering with us on this post.