On Wednesday last week, we took a road trip down to Waco, Texas for the day. Waco is a special place to us because it’s where four of us (Justin, Katherine, Stia and Caleb) spent four years at Baylor University for college. Also, being huge Fixer Upper fans, we couldn’t believe we hadn’t made the trip to the Magnolia Market Silos yet! With Chip and Joanna’s cult following, Magnolia Market was packed, even during our middle of the week visit. We had so much fun looking around at all of the home decorating goods and listening to great worship music while we shopped. Since Waco is now quite the destination, we thought we would share a few of our favorite things to eat/see/stay if you ever find yourself with some time to spend in Waco. We had a great day doing some of our favorite things. We just wish Kat would have been able to come along!
What to wear for a trip to Waco? Something casual is always appropriate for Waco. Jean opted for this blue maxi dress and Stia wore a chambray dress. We both wore our espadrilles from the “Easter bunny.” These French inspired for Jean and these flamingo ones for Stia.
- George’s: a favorite casual spot for lunch or dinner
- Baris: an Italian institution in Waco and it’s BYOB
- Vitek’s: legendary Texas barbecue- home of the “gut pack”
- Common Grounds: the coffee shop, study hall, meet up place at Baylor
- Heritage Creamery: a new ice cream shop, homemade, with locally sourced ingredients, from the owners of next door neighbor Common Grounds
- Visit the food trucks at Magnolia Market: an ever growing selection, we recommend Milo Local Provisions, and the mobile location of Common Grounds Coffee
- Baylor Campus: walk the beautiful, park like campus, visit the Armstrong Browning Library and see the Baylor Bears, Lady and Joy, at the Bear Habitat
- Magnolia Market: a destination in itself, wander the grounds, shop in the market, have lunch or a snack
- Dr. Pepper Museum: visit the vintage soda fountain for a Dr. Pepper made the old-fashioned way
- Cameron Park and the Zoo
- Magnolia House: Sleeps 8 and was renovated by none other than Chip and Joanna
- Hotel Indigo: In a great location in the middle of downtown Waco
Shop A Day in Waco: