We have had such a mild winter so far, but on Tuesday a north wind blew in and it turned cold! It’s been cold all week and it looks like it’s going to stay that way through the weekend. We’re crossing our fingers for snow this weekend…. we can dream right 😉
Because our weather is so mild, it sometimes seems silly to spend money on a true winter coat. But, when the temperatures drop to freezing, we’re always glad to have one. Below are our top five coats you need this winter:
- A velvet blazer – How adorable is this velvet pleated blazer? We are loving anything/everything velvet and this blazer will be cute with a favorite pair of jeans and flats or to dress up any outfit.
- A suede moto jacket – This is one we currently own and don’t know what we would do without it. It’s the perfect layering piece over a sweater and the moto detailing makes it that much more special. Plus, it comes in five other colors.
- A bomber jacket – Bomber jackets seem to be all the rage this season. We try to keep our “trendy” pieces to a price minimum, and this satin one fits in the budget – at under $100. The blush pink satin is beautiful and there is also a black version.
- A down coat – Unless you live in the North, this may seem like overkill. But it’s perfect for freezing days, events where you have to be outside; e.g. football games. And it’s the only coat you’ll need for a trip to the mountains.
- A cocoon coat – This is a tried and true favorite of ours. Our camel cocoon coat is going on four years and we still wear it every winter. You can’t go wrong with this classic coat!
Shop five coats you need for Winter:
Stia, Jean and Katherine