Our family has always made a big deal about birthdays. Birthday trips started when we each turned 30 and now that all the kids are past 30, we decided to continue the tradition for the parents! With Jean’s big 6-0 birthday in April, we started to talk about a birthday trip for her. She knew she wanted to go somehwere warm and relaxing! Then we realized that Zika is still in most of the Caribbean, so we crossed that off our list. When we saw there was a Four Seasons in the Bahamas, The Ocean Club, and that there was a direct flight from Dallas and no Zika, we were sold!
We couldn’t have been more pleased with the Four Seasons The Ocean Club. It is a little slice of heaven and we can’t wait for our next trip back! Sharing ten reasons to book a trip to Four Seasons The Ocean Club below and images and outfit links from our trip!
Thank you for the memories Four Seasons Ocean Club and Happy 60th Jean!
Ten Reasons to Book a Trip to Four Seasons Ocean Club
- Direct flight into Nassau from Dallas: One of the biggest drivers, besides wanting to visit the Four Seasons The Ocean Club, was the fact that we can fly direct from DFW to Nassau. It makes your travel day that much easier, especially traveling with kids! We were blown away that the flight was just under 3 hours, too. Flying out of Nassau is also convenient – you clear customs right after security, so once you land in the US there is no waiting at customs!
- Quick drive from airport to Four Seasons The Ocean Club: Not only is the flight to the Bahamas easy, the property is about 40 minutes from the airport, which makes it so convenient! We had a car service set-up that had car seats installed, so besides waiting for our husbands’ golf clubs, we were on our way about 15 minutes after landing.
- Breathtaking views and beautiful property: When driving up to the The Ocean Club, you know it’s going to be special. It’s a beautiful drive up to the property from the main road, and the resort is tucked away at the end. Once you arrive, you check-in at the main house. It’s a cozy spot with views out to the ocean; your concierge meets you there in the library and checks you in. It’s the same place where the famous Martini Bar is located (you may recognize it from James Bond’s Casino Royale). It’s hard to describe walking out the back of the main house and just seeing the breathtaking views of the property and the beautiful color of the ocean. The grounds throughout the property are lush and full of so many tropical flowers and plants.
- Butler Service: Each room includes a personal butler during your stay. Your butler will coordinate dinners, pick up clothing items to be pressed daily and coordinate housekeeping. He also brings nightly champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for the adults and milk and cookies for the kids. Your butler will unpack your luggage when you arrive and pack you up the day you leave! Another helpful perk; our butler would pick us up from different areas of the resort when the boys were too tired to walk. We took advantage of these amenities and it made our trip that much more relaxing! On our final day, when we returned from the beach and pool, our butlers had drawn up bubble baths and had rose petals strewn around in the bath and bathroom. It was such a fun surprise!
- Kid Friendly: We were pleasantly surprised at how kid friendly The Ocean Club is. There are three pools, only one of which is adults only. Our favorite pool overlooked the beach, but there is a kids pool with walk in entry that’s perfect for the very little ones. There is a playground on the grounds and a kids club for kids 4 and up. We were happy to find out that kids under 5 eat free, too! When we have the boys with us on vacation, we book a sitter for at least one evening. That way we can have adult time and the boys aren’t expected to have a long sit down dinner every night. We love staying at Four Seasons properties because they have a pre-screened baby sitting concierge. Each sitter is background checked and is CPR and first-aid certified.
- Spa: The Ocean Club Spa is unlike any spa we have visited. Instead of having a relaxation room that everyone shares, the spa has individual villas where your treatment is done. The villas are Balinese inspired, beautiful and so peaceful! The courtyard of each villa has an oversized tub and lounge bed. The spa uses Elemis products, which we love! Jean had a firming facial and Stia enjoyed a prenatal massage. Both were heavenly!
- Beaches are beautiful: The sand is a light pink and so clean; and the water is warm and crystal clear. Plus, you are well taken care of on the beach with full service from Ocean restaurant or Dune, beach umbrellas, lounges, towels and iced bottled water! The Ocean Club has paddle boards available which made for a fun afternoon! There are also sand toys provided fortthe kids!
- Dune is a must-try restaurant: Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten is chef at Dune and we were not disappointed. The menu is French-Asian inspired with an emphasis on fresh seafood. We had dinner here twice and everything was just so good. We highly recommend the crispy salmon and yellowfin tuna tartare for appetizers, the local lobster tail was amazing and the steamed shrimp salad was so good as a light entree. There is also a very creative cocktail selection and well-curated wine list. We had such a fun birthday dinner here for Jean!
- Infinity edge pool that overlooks the ocean: If we weren’t at the beach, we were at this pool! It has the best views and is such a great pool for little swimmers, too. We spent every afternoon here; swimming and eating lunch! The food is amazing and you really can’t beat the views.
- The Ocean Club Golf Course: Our husbands typically play golf at least once on vacation and they loved playing the Ocean Club Golf Course. They said it was a beautiful, hard course and they loved it! The Ocean Club has a house car that will take you to and from the golf course.
// floral midi dress //
// hippo pajamas //