Happy Hump Day! With the Fourth of July being on Tuesday, it hardly seems like it can be the middle of the week already. We hope you guys had a fun holiday! Ours was super relaxing. It was really fun having a holiday in the middle of the week. We spent lots of time in and by the pool and had a fun BBQ.
We are excited to share more about our trip to Laguna Beach from a week ago. Although we had June gloom for most of our trip (totally expected), we had the absolute best time. Here is why we think the Montage Laguna Beach is the best place to stay, what to do there and what to eat. It’s such an amazing place you really won’t want to leave!
Stay at Montage Laguna Beach
- Views: You really cannot believe the views from the Montage. As soon as you walk into the hotel, you are greeted with a sprawling lobby with wall to wall windows and all you can see is the Montage pool and Pacific Ocean. It’s stunning! Not to mention, most of the rooms on property have balconies or patios and beautiful views of the ocean.
- Kid friendly: Maybe because it was summer, but there were kids everywhere. It’s nice to know that the Montage can be just as much a romantic getaway or great for a family trip. Even though the resort was at a 99% occupancy while we were there, it didn’t seem crowded and the kids pretty much stuck to the Kid’s Club or kiddie pool. William made lots and lots of friends while we were there! It was a blast. The hotel provided a large crib and all the baby amenities we needed. The staff was so sweet to William and they made sure that he came home with quite a collection of stuffed animals.
- Great restaurants: You really don’t have to leave the property at all. There are a lot of options for dining: A couple of casual dining options, pool side dining, fine dining and room service. Everything was delicious and there is a kid’s menu available, which was a big plus.
- Rooms: We found the rooms to be nice and spacious, the beds were so comfy… and did we mention the view?!
- Bathrooms: The marble bathrooms are beautiful and so roomy. There was plenty of room for William’s crib at nap time and bedtime. And William loved taking baths in the deep soaking tub 🙂
What to do at Montage Laguna Beach:
- Beach: The Montage has a great setup at Treasure Island Beach. A quick walk from the resort, the Montage staff greet you with lounges, towels, water and umbrellas!
- Pools: There is no mistaking the Montage pool. It is iconic and you can see it from almost everywhere at the resort. Right next to the beautiful pool is the kiddie pool – that’s where we spent most of our time 😉
- Spa Montage: This is something that is on our list for our next visit. We just didn’t have the time on this trip!
- Walk along the beach path: The beach walks are amazing and the views spectacular.
- Take the house car into downtown Laguna Beach: The Montage has a complimentary car that will take you within a 5 mile radius of the resort. There are lots of restaurants and shopping options in downtown Laguna!
- Shopping at Fashion Island: If you continue a little further into Newport, you will find one of our favorite places to shop!
Where to eat at Montage Laguna Beach:
- Mosaic: We ate here the majority of the time. This is one of the resort’s “casual” restaurant and it’s open air with breathtaking views. For lunch you can’t go wrong with the salads and William loved the kid’s burger. A glass of rosé was also on order of course!
- The Loft: We had breakfast at Loft one morning and it was one of the best breakfasts we have ever had! William’s pancakes were so fluffy and yummy (yes, we had to try them!) and the avocado toast made to order was just the best
- Nick’s Laguna Beach: One night we made the short trip to Laguna Beach and had dinner at Nick’s, which we highly recommend. The grilled artichokes were fantastic and the fish was perfectly fresh and yummy.
Stia, Jean and Katherine
Thank you to Montage Laguna Beach for partnering with us on this post.