Happy Summer! Along with Summer come fun trips, so we thought it would be fun to share what’s in our carry-on bags on a typical trip. We each pack a lot of the same items, but also some different things too. And, each of us is sharing a carry-on/travel tip as well. We’d love to hear some of yours, too!
What’s in Our Carry-on Bag Details:
My carry-on tends to be slightly different if I’m traveling with the kids or by myself. When we go on a family trip, I try to keep the boys’ things in their backpacks so I know where to reach for what I need! When I’m by myself, I tend to put a little more in my carry-on bag!
As a family, we always use carry-on luggage, too. I try to put as much as I can into my Away luggage, but sometimes it overflows into my tote bag!
- Book: This usually will only happen if I’m traveling sans kids, but I love to have a book to read on flights. I’m about to start reading The Perfect Couple.
- Snack: I’ll bring a Kind Bar or something easy to snack on in case of delays, etc. When the boys are with me, I fill up these stasher bags with snacks for them.
- Water: I will either bring a swell water bottle from home to fill while I’m away, or grab a large water bottle after security because I drink so much water on the flight.
- Skincare: If I’m traveling without the babies, I’ll travel without make-up and do a mask in-flight. My skin tends to be on the dryer side, so the intense hydrating mask is a favorite. I’ll also bring my roller and hydrating lip balm.
- Denim Jacket: I’m almost always cold on the plane, so I bring my denim jacket to stay warm.
- Tip: When traveling with multiple bags, I tend to stick them inside my larger tote bag and then fill it up with everything else. It helps to keep the shape of the bag and doesn’t take up space in my suitcase.
Packing my carry on is pretty easy for me. I don’t pack a ton in it, just the essentials!
- Headphones: A must have in my book are headphones for in-flight movies
- iPhone charger: I love the extra long cord on this charger
- Makeup bag: I carry my makeup in my carry-on for easy access during the flight
- Hairbrush: I love being able to brush my hair up into a pony if i feel like it
- Chapstick: My lips always dry out on the plane, so I use this stick to keep them hydrated
- Hand lotion: I apply this hand lotion throughout the flight
- Tip: I like to fly clean faced and apply my makeup towards the end of the flight. I feel like it’s easier to keep my skin hydrated and my makeup is fresh when we arrive at our destination.
I almost always have the same items in my carry-on, which it makes it so easy for me to pack that bag! The rest of my packing is always a last minute frenzy, so it’s nice not to worry about that one.
- iPhone: I always have my phone with me, but usually don’t bring a charger, because my husband always has his along
- Credit Card Case: To make them easy to find, I like carrying my ID and main credit cards in a small card case
- Small makeup bag: Essentials such as lipstick, lipgloss, lip balm, nail file
- Medium makeup bag: Travel size skin care items from the Colleen Rothschild Discovery Kit
- Larger makeup bag: Products for my makeup routine. Even though I almost always carry on my suitcase, I like to know that I have anything I need handy.
- Book and magazines: My husband is always working on our flights, so I like having a book or magazines to help pass the time.
- Tip: I gather the magazines that I haven’t had a chance to read and take them on the flight. It makes my bag a little heavy at the beginning, but I leave them behind after I’ve finished and I feel like I’ve accomplished something!