(image and recipe via)
This weekend we officially kicked off wedding season by attending our first wedding shower of the year! It was a beautiful party, and so great to catch up with our friends. It’s fun getting dressed up in a new dress, enjoy the warmer temps, and of course, indulging in a glass of bubbly while celebrating the bride-to-be!
Punch is one of our favorite things to serve when we host a wedding shower or spring party. It can be garnished so many different ways, and it’s so easy to make ahead and have ready for your guests to help themselves, leaving more time to visit. We like to freeze a large ice block with pieces of fruit in it to keep the punch cold without diluting it. Of course our favorite punch recipes all have something in common – champagne!
- 1 cup lemon juice (from 8 lemons)
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 bottles (750 ml each) chilled Champagne or other sparkling wine
- 1 cup chilled cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup elderflower liqueur, such as St-Germain
- Lemon slices
- In a punch bowl, stir together lemon juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add wine, cranberry juice cocktail, and elderflower liqueur; stir gently to combine. To serve, top with lemon slices.