Caleb and I just spent four nights in London and we had the best time! It was a quick trip, but we were so glad to be there and it actually seemed like the perfect amount of time away. I grew up with my grandparents living in London and I studied abroad in London, so we’ve done most of the touristy things on previous visits and when the boys have been with us. This trip was more about wandering, walking, eating and drinking, visiting a few museums we haven’t been to on previous visits… and shopping! It was a great few days away in place we love.
We tried to find a hotel that was centrally located. We ended up booking the The Cadogan, which is a Belmond hotel. We’ve heard great things about Belmond hotels and this location lives up to the hype. The hotel has 54 rooms total, which means you have a very personal experience.
- We had a deluxe corner king room. It was plenty big by London standards, especially for two people.
- The bathroom was amazing with heated floors, stand alone tub and large shower.
- The hotel was right on Sloane Street, but our room overlooked Pavilion Street and it was very quiet.
- I really can’t say enough great things about the service and our experience. From the moment we got there, everyone was so helpful and accommodating.
- We took advantage of the concierge and they were so helpful in getting us tickets, reservations, making suggestions and just providing amazing service.
Where We Ate
- The Grenadier: This is a pub in Belgravia that we love. We went for lunch the day we flew in and it didn’t disappoint. It’s such a great pub that is tucked away down the cutest streets.
- Kutir: The most amazing Indian food we’ve ever had. The restaurant is in a Chelsea townhouse and it’s so charming. Best chicken tikka masala ever and it also just won London’s restaurant of the year!
- Chiltern Firehouse: Last time we ate at the Chiltern Firehouse it was January, so we ate inside because it was so cold. This time, we had beautiful weather in London and we had the best lunch outside on the patio. Great food and even better people watching.
- Daphne’s: This is a neighborhood spot in Chelsea and it’s as good as it is pretty! We shared an appetizer, pasta, main and veggies and everything was so wonderful!
- The Churchill Arms: This pub is located in Kensington and is known for their beautiful display of flowers and the Thai food that they serve!
- Cafe Kitsune: We walked to breakfast here our first morning and had a great latte and yogurt/granola cup.
What We Did
- National Gallery: This was a museum that neither of us had been to and was the perfect place to go on our first morning!
- Shopped: We shopped along Bond Street, Sloane Street and at Harrod’s
- The Wallace Collection: This was another museum which is located in the Hertford House. It was a great museum to wander around!
- Afternoon Tea: The Connaught was a great place for Afternoon Tea. It’s located in Mayfair and it’s such a charming area!
- Walked around: We walked all around London, even walking 23k steps one day! It’s our favorite way to find new areas and explore one of our favorite cities