Ford is 2!! We had the absolute best time celebrating Ford this weekend. The birthday boy knew it was his birthday and he was so excited to celebrate! We will share more of his “Red, White and Two” party soon!
Ford has changed so much since his last update. He has grown up a lot and is very independent. He stopped sucking his thumb a month ago and is just growing up so fast! He’s very opinionated and makes us laugh all day long. We love you sweet Ford!
// june: ford’s first birthday //
// july: always sucking his thumb and holding “bun bun” //
// august: such a happy baby //
// september: sweetest little sleeping baby //
// october: halloween //
// november: post bath cuteness //
// december: christmas fun //
// january: cuddles with ford //
// february: sleepy baby //
// march: enjoying spring //
// april: celebrating easter //
// may: enjoying the bahamas //
We have his two-year appointment tomorrow morning, so I’ll update after, but he still seems to be very tall and, with that, his sweet little baby chubbiness seems to be going away!
Ford is still taking one nap a day and sleeping through the night. He doesn’t go down without a fight though! He is at the end of his two year sleep regression and it was a tough one! He did anything/everything he could to keep from sleeping during nap time. He provided a lot of entertainment for us watching him on monitor! He is a good sleeper and can sleep pretty much anywhere/anytime (when he’s not going through this regression).
Oh boy, does he have a big personality! He keeps us entertained all day long! He is a little ham, talks all day, loves music and singing. He knows the words to every song. His favorite color is blue and he is obsessed with anything and everything blue. He is very opinionated and loves asking questions. He also just loves to snuggle up and “get cozy.” He is so much fun to be with and just plain sweet.
Ford normally wakes up around 7:30, eats lunch around 12 and down for nap around 1. He usually naps at least two hours. We eat around 5:30 and he’s down for the night around 7:30.
Ford weaned back in May! I was just nursing him one time a day and one day he decided he didn’t want to and that was it!
He loves food and he loves vegetables. If he’s up when I’m eating lunch, he will eat my entire salad! He loves artichokes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots, avocados and sweet peppers. He also loves yogurt and fruit. It’s harder to get him to eat meat, so I’m just feeding him all the veggies for now, while he’ll eat them!.
He has been a good traveler and loves going to the airport and getting on the plane! We went to San Diego right after his first birthday, took him skiing for the first time (where he surprised us all and learned to snowboard!) and then to the Bahamas where he loved the ocean!
Ford loves swim lessons, went to his first three day camp at his pre-school for this fall and will start pre-school this fall! He loves spending hours in the pool and is so good on his scooter, loving to go “so fast!!”.
- Ford is speaking in full sentences and he is so curious and asks about everything
- He knows all the colors, which ones are each of our favorite color and is obsessed with his favorite, the color blue
- He is very into counting and wants to count everything
- It is so bittersweet, but Ford has stopped sucking his thumb – I was so not ready for that!
- He prefers to eat his food with a fork or spoon, rather than with his fingers
Must-Have Baby Items
- He is obsessed with this Thomas the train set
- Wears these pajamas most nights
- He is obsessed with his new “blue” veja shoes
- Rides his scooter every day (Ford has the navy color)
- Hot wheels- Ford loves this set for making all different track configurations with his brothers
- His water bottle of choice
- We love these name labels for waters, snack bags etc.
- He loves bun bun (lovie)
- Natives for summer fun