Over Mother’s Day weekend, we headed to one of our favorite destinations, Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale. It was our third time visiting the property and each time we love it even more (if that’s even possible!). It is one of the most peaceful places we’ve been. Each casita feels so private, but it’s a quick walk or golf cart ride to the pool/restaurants/spa. There are so many great golf courses nearby to keep our husbands happy too. It’s one of our favorite places to relax (we never want to leave!), so we wanted to share our top ten things to do at Four Seasons Scottsdale!
Top Ten Things to do at Four Seasons Scottsdale
- Spa Day: The three of us girls relaxed with spa treatments over the weekend. Jean and Katherine had the best facials with the most amazing head, neck, and arm massage and Stia enjoyed a maternity massage, which they allow you to lay flat on your stomach into a body pillow. So amazing! We were on cloud nine afterwards.
- Golf at Troon North: This is always a must for our husbands. They only played once over the long weekend, but they always enjoy the course. The hotel provides shuttles to the course and will have your bags dropped off and picked up. We’ve met them out on the course a few times and we always enjoy seeing the wildlife and the beautiful desert backdrop!
- Breakfast at Proof: The mornings at FS Scottsdale are so peaceful. We always tend to wake up early when vacationing on the west coast, so each morning we headed to Proof bright and early. Proof is an “American Canteen” that sources local comfort food. It’s open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (all of which are so good!), but our favorite time of day is breakfast. It’s so nice sitting on the patio, having a leisurely breakfast and enjoying the cool desert air. Our husbands always get the buffet, which is incredible. The girls love the egg white frittata or the acai bowl. We can sit on that patio and drink the yummy coffee for hours! There are also great selections of cocktails for brunch- the Bloody Mary is amazing!
- Rent a poolside cabana: On Sunday, we spent the day in a luxury poolside cabana. The luxury cabana was the perfect way to relax on Mother’s Day. We arrived following our spa treatments and had such a great time just relaxing and playing with William. The cabana is completely equipped with a stocked mini fridge, snacks and a big screen TV. A selection of sunscreen and other sun products is also included and a butler is there to make sure you don’t lift a finger! He brought a fruit tray late in the morning and cocktails and appetizers in the afternoon. The weather was already getting pretty warm when we were there, so it was nice to have a completely shaded place for William to eat and relax while he wasn’t in the pool. What a perfect way to spend Mother’s Day- or any day for that matter!
- Dinner at Talavera: Our meals at Talavera are always a favorite memory. The staff at Talavera always take great care of us. We pretty much let our waiter take the lead on ordering appetizers, meals and desserts and we were so glad because he had some amazing recommendations. For appetizers, the favorites were the beef carpaccio, the foie gras banh mi and the octopus. For dinner, our husbands loved the steak and we girls decided on seafood – shrimp and salmon! Our waiter also paired wines for each of us (except Stia, of course) to complement our meals. He did a great job! For dessert, the chocolate soufflé is a must and also the cloud cheesecake. You definitely need to treat yourself to dinner here.
- Hike Pinnacle Peak: Only a mile from the resort, Pinnacle Peak is a 3.5 mile roundtrip hike with spectacular views.
- Catch a Yoga class in the courtyard: There are various fitness classes offered on different days of the week. Try something new!
- Cocktails on your patio: Each casita has a private patio with views of the resort or the mountains. The outdoor furniture is so comfortable and we have made it a tradition to enjoy a cocktail (or two) on the patio before heading to dinner!
- Get the AZ Mai Tai: We tried this iconic pineapple drink on our first trip to Scottsdale and had to get it again. This time it was a virgin Mai Tai and William loved drinking the fruit juice and eating the fruit off the top, while relaxing in a kid’s lounge – he sure has the life! 😉
- Relax: This is so easy to do at Four Seasons Scottsdale. If you don’t even feel like expending the energy to walk to dinner, one of the resort’s golf carts will pick you up and deliver you to Talavera or Proof. They are also perfectly happy to come and take your kids for golf cart rides, if they are obsessed with them like William!
A few notes on traveling to FS Scottsdale with kids:
- Kids under four eat for free. This is an amazing thing for us parents of toddlers. Sometimes William will eat whatever we put in front of him, sometimes he won’t take a bite. It’s so nice to know we can order “risk free” 🙂
- Kids camp: For kids 5 years and older, there is a a Kids Camp with so many fun complimentary activities that kids love.
- We used the Four Seasons Concierge to help find a babysitter for Saturday night. We were so happy with their recommendation. William was immediately comfortable with her and we enjoyed a relaxing evening at Talavera. We met some other parents who have the sitter come for nap time so they can enjoy the pool kid-free for a few hours. We’ll definitely do that next time!
- FS Scottsdale made our stay with William so enjoyable. They thought of everything. From greeting him with a cute little stuffed animal to baby-proofing our room for us, we didn’t have to worry about a thing. When we requested a crib, they also brought a bib, Honest baby products and kid friendly snacks. So easy for us!
Thank you Four Seasons Scottsdale for partnering with us to bring you this post!
Stia, Jean & Katherine