I can’t believe we are in the final countdown to baby! I’ve been nesting like crazy and I’ve finally gotten around to getting my hospital bag stuff together and ready to throw in my bag when needed!
Caleb was out of town earlier this week and now that he’s back home, I can relax knowing he won’t miss the birth of our baby! I don’t expect the baby to come earlier than my induction date, but you never know. We are busy wrapping up a few things and enjoying our time with the boys before they meet their new sibling!
With this being our third time having a baby, I still believe a less is more approach is best for the hospital. If all goes smoothly, I pray we just have to spend one night in the hospital. We had the option with Henry, but he started choking on amniotic fluid and, on the nurses advice, we decided to stay put for the second night. I plan to bring two sets of pajamas in case, but this is what’s in my hospital bag this time around!
What’s in My Hospital Bag
- Pajamas: I love something soft and nursing friendly for the hospital. Cosabella has the softest pajamas. I plan on bringing this blue and white set and this nursing friendly nightie – hoping we only stay one night, but I’m prepared if we’re there for two!
- Nursing Bras: My absolute favorite nursing bras are from Cosabella. I did a refresh and ordered a white, blush and blue to get me through those first few months!
- Headband: I love this new floral headband and I think it’s just the thing to keep my hair out of my way and still look cute for visitors.
- Going home: I ordered this striped maxi dress in blue and love that’s nursing friendly to wear home from the hospital.
- Skincare: I plan to bring a few favorites like the intense hydrating mask to wear overnight, my favorite serum and eye cream. (You can see some of our favorite skincare products here)
- Cleansing wipes: I decided to bring these face wipes to wash my face at night and in the morning – you never know just how exhausted you’ll be and I love the option of not having to get out of bed to clean my face.
- Chapstick: This lip balm is so hydrating and adds just a little bit of color.
- Makeup: I feel better after delivery with a little make-up on, so I will bring my five minute make-up routine.
- Earth Mama nipple butter: I’ll start to use this balm in the hospital to help with the initial pains of breastfeeding.
- Nursing pads: In case my milk comes in, I’ll bring a few of these lanolin free nursing pads.
- Going home outfit: While we’re in the hospital, I typically keep the baby swaddled in the hospital blankets, so will just pack a going home outfit. Henry wore this darling debut set a lot when he was a newborn, so we have one blue and one pink for this baby, depending on the gender!
- Blanket: Blue or pink polka dots depending on gender.
- Car seat: We got the MESA car seat in a pretty blue/gray color for this baby!
- iPhone Charger: With an extra long cord to reach the hospital plugs.
- GH Mumm: Having a baby is to be celebrated and we plan to toast our new baby just like we did for William and Henry and my parents did for my brother and me! We always bring GH Mumm to continue the tradition.
- Pink/Blue Bubblegum Cigars: Once baby is here, Caleb heads to the waiting room to announce the gender – always with blue (or pink) cigars to pass out!