It’s really hard to believe that our little Ford is already 18 months old. His first 18 months have just flown by! It might be in part because he seems to be in a big hurry to grow up. He wants to be just like his big brothers, so he’s hit all his milestones especially early. Now that he’s walking, talking and even running, there’s no turning back!
We go to the doctor this week, but he continues to be tall and has the cutest chubby thighs!
Ford is down to one nap and sleeping all night long. He loves his sleep and is very ready for bed at the end of the day!
Ford is as sweet as they come. He is very vocal, really starting to talk a lot and saying new words every day. He is also very independent. He does everything on his own and wants meals/toys/etc just like his brothers. He goes non-stop all day long while he’s awake. He is bossy and/or strong-willed 😉 and he has his lovie “bun bun” with him at all times.
He’s very into trains right now. He calls them “choo choo trains” and wakes up wanting to play with them. He loves watching Cocomelon and when he gets tired, he pops his thumb in his mouth, grabs “bun-bun”, hops on the sofa and asks to watch “Coco”. He is so social; he says “hi!” to everyone he sees and has never met a stranger he didn’t want to get to know.
We are still following the same “schedule” from when Ford was 15-months old. He typically wakes around 8 am, breakfast and play. Lunch is around noon, nap around 1 and bed around 7ish.
Nothing has really changed here. Ford is still nursing at night and in the morning.
Ford has gotten a little bit picky, but he will still eat pretty much any fruits and vegetables. He loves berries, yogurt, avocado, brussel sprouts, pasta, steamed artichokes and pretty much any vegetable. Very different than his big brothers!
Travel has been a bit different this year, but we are thankful we got to take Ford to Vail this winter and enjoy the snow!
- Vocabulary has grown a ton
- Walking down steps without holding on to a hand or railing and climbing on anything/everything!
- Learned to ride his scooter
- Running and jumping
- He loves to color and asks for his “colors” everyday!
Must-Have Baby Items
- He got a scooter for Christmas and he is obsessed!
- Ford drinks a green smoothie every morning and this is the best smoothie cup, it stays cool and the straw doesn’t come out!
- Santa brought these Blockaroo’s and Ford loves them. They are easy to connect/build and they make a “click” sound when connected. You can also use in the bath!
- Ford has been living in these cozy lounge sets on cold days
- He is now more adamant about not sitting in his high chair and getting to sit in a booster next to his brothers
- This toy was great for traveling and going out to eat!
- He loves any toy that he can put things in/down/around! He has been loving this one and he also puts trains down the holes – he could sit there forever doing it!