Happy First Birthday Henry! On Saturday, our precious baby turned one! I am still in shock that he can be a year old – time flies even faster with your second baby. His little personality is just getting bigger and bigger by the day and he seems to get sweeter and sweeter, too. He has changed so much in one year – he is still as sweet as can be but he has a lot of sass too! He and William are just so darling playing together and it melts my heart how Henry gets so excited to see William each morning. And likewise, too.
The year didn’t come with it’s lack of hard times though. I have never felt more sleep deprived and I started thinking that Henry may never sleep through the night. But, he eventually did around 11 months old!
Henry – it’s hard to picture our family before you were here. You are the perfect addition and such an easy going baby. Your momma loves you more than you know – Happy Birthday Henry!
Here is a look back at the past year with Henry and his one year update!
Henry is 90% for height and 40% for weight.
Henry is officially sleeping through the entire night. I never dreamt it would take so long, but one night he woke up at 7:30 after going down at 7:30 pm the night before. I was in shock! Since he started sleeping through the night, I decided to drop the sleep suit to avoid anymore transitions and he didn’t even skip a beat. I am so happy to be able to sleep for a full night since last September when Henry was born!
Oh my goodness, this little boy has so much personality! He is the happiest little baby. It’s rare to find him with out his “baba” and he is usually attached to my hip! I think he may end up being my “wild” baby. He is all over everywhere, finds himself in the most peculiar places and stands up to his brother daily. My favorite thing he does is hand me a toy or a book and then he crawls into my lap and snuggles as he plays with it!
Henry is obsessed with his brother and wants to be right next to him all day. He also wants everything that William is eating, drinking or playing with. That’s probably been the most challenging part of parenting two boys at this age!
He is starting to talk and repeat everything! He says momma, dada, baba, gigi, bye bye, night night, uh oh and more words each day. He waves, blows kisses, says mmm when he eats yummy food and he gives this biggest, sweetest kisses, too. He prefers to be upright and moving, but he still hasn’t started walking yet! He takes the occasional step, but I think he will be full on walking in the next few weeks!
Now that Henry is sleeping through the night, he wakes up a little earlier – usually 7:30 am. I nurse him before William gets up and then we all go downstairs for breakfast. He typically takes a cat nap around 10:30 while we are running errands and then he eats lunch around 12:30. I try to aim to get both boys in bed for a long nap around 2 pm. They usually sleep until 4:30/5 and then we aim for dinner around 6/6:30 and bed by 7:30 or 8!
In the last three months, Henry went from nursing all the time to just a few times a day. Most days he nurses five times and he is eating solids for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And a snack here and there! This has been a huge change from before. He is obsessed with solids now (when just a few months ago he could care less). He truly eats more at meals then William! I’m not sure exactly when I’ll start to wean Henry. I think I’ll start to nurse him in the morning before his afternoon nap and before bed and drop the other two feedings, but we’ll see!
We took our big trip to Europe in July and Henry did so good with the time change, both going there and on the way home. He learned to take stroller naps like a champion! I was somewhat hesitant about the time change, but I think babies are more flexible then we think they are. We also took the boys to Chicago for a long weekend and then spent the rest of the summer at home!
- He has eight teeth – the top four and bottom four!
- He is standing by himself
- He has taken a step here and there on his own – he should be walking in no time!
- Sleeping through the night (finally!)
- Transitioned from sleep suit to just pajamas
- Eating solids three times a day and two snacks
- He says momma, dada, baba, gigi, bye bye, night night, uh oh, thank you, please and that
- He points at everything and is so interactive!
- Gives kisses
- This was a huge few months for Henry!
MUST-HAVE BABY ITEMS
- Now that he has transitioned out of sleep suit, he wears pajamas every night. Loving these ducks, this pair of striped short pajamas and he wears this blue pair all the time!
- We go back and forth from the Zoli Cup and the Miracle 360. He just hasn’t gotten the hang of sippy cups yet!
- Now that Henry’s eating all the time, we love these colorful plates and the boys do too! Henry also got this placemat/plate and I love how it stays in place!
- The MINU stroller has been the best stroller for us during this season. I can get it in and out of my car while still holding Henry – it’s amazing and I recommend it for everyone!
- Henry has loved his blankie since we first gave it to him. It goes with us everywhere and as soon as Henry sees it he collapses on it. So sweet.
- I just ordered these shoes for Henry and they are so sweet. He hands them to me every morning and wants to wear them!