We just got back from Vail, our favorite winter weather destination! A ski trip to Vail right after Thanksgiving has become a favorite winter tradition and this year did not disappoint. Vail Village is the most charming little village and it truly is magical during the Holidays. We enjoyed a lot of time outside (the weather was warm for Vail!) and added some fun new activities now that the boys are older.
We’ve stayed at Four Seasons Vail the last three years and we highly recommend it! The rooms have been recently renovated, as well as updates throughout the hotel. Remedy Bar has the best view of the mountain, skiing from the resort is so easy (hello, heated boots!) and Four Seasons Vail think of every last detail, like a humidifier in each room, children’s sized robes and their Ski Concierge is the best! You can see more details from our previous trips here and here.
- The Remedy Bar: This bar at the Four Seasons has the best view and the food and drinks are great. The world famous haute chocolate is a must have!
- Flame: The is the steak house on-site at Four Seasons Vail. We had such a great dinner here! The Dover sole was amazing and our husbands raved about the Wagyu Tomahawk.
- Room service: We did in-room dining every morning for breakfast and it was our favorite way to wake up. I’m usually the first one up, so I placed our order on the Four Seasons app and it arrived shortly after. It was so nice to have a leisurely morning before heading out for the day.
- Fall Line Kitchen and Cocktails: This is a new favorite lunch spot for us. We had lunch here years ago, forgot about it and stumbled upon it again this trip. It was one of our favorite après ski lunches!
- Slope Room: This restaurant has recently opened and we enjoyed a light lunch here after sledding
- El Segundo: A Mexican restaurant that is located near the gondola and great after skiing!
- Mountain Standard: We visit for lunch and dinner every trip!
- La Nonna: The best Italian food ever. We always have a wonderful time here.
- Pazzo’s pizza: Our go-to for delivery after skiing! Pizza in the room by the fire and then down to the hot tub to relax!
- Ski: This is obvious, but we usually ski two days while we are there. This is the first year that the boys have done two full days of ski school and they learned so much!
- Sledding: There wasn’t as much snow this year as last year at this time, but they boys’ said that sledding was much more fun this year and they went faster 🙂
- Pirate Ship Park: The boys favorite park ever!
- Shopping: Vail is so charming! We walked around one afternoon and checked out all the shops. Browsing through Gorsuch is always a must do.
- Ice skating: This was a highlight. The boys loved it and did so well! We took the Four Seasons complimentary shuttle to Lionshead Village (a few minutes drive) to the Alderhof ice rink- so charming!
- Swim: We went to the heated pool/hot tub most nights we were there! The boys looked forward to it and it relaxed us all after a long day of play.